Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recently my husband asked me to make him banana bread. I was a little surprised because in the 14 years I've known him I don't remember him being a big banana bread fan. As a matter of fact I don't remember him being a fan of bananas at all. So I asked him where his newly found interest in bananas came from (he also bought some banana/chocolate cookie mix a few months ago and liked it so much he bought 3 more boxes for a rainy day) and he replied "I've always liked banana bread". I was a little surprised because like I said, I simply don't remember him being interested in bananas. He also has been asking for chocolate chip cookies. He knows at this time of year i am busy baking away so its the perfect time to ask ofcourse.

So on our next shopping trip I had him pick up whatever chocolate chips he wanted and some others too because I like to experiment. I think most people who spend a lot of time cooking and baking like to experiment. I've really never met a culinary lover who wasn't creative come to think of it.

Well I went to make Matt some banana bread yesterday and realized I had thrown away my bread pan before we bought this home earlier this year, and never replaced it. So there I was with all my ingredients prepped and ready to go.  Now I'm not usually that brave when it comes to baking. Baking scares me most of the time because it is so precise and if you've followed my blog long enough you'll remember my recipes are usually me eyeing amounts and coming up with things in a hurry so no recipe following Lol. That's just how I roll. I'm not a "By the book" chick.

Anyways, I decided to combine Matt's banana bread & chocolate chip cookies and create these. I know they've been done before but true to myself I didn't follow a recipe for them. I simply took the basics from the chocolate chip cookies, added banana's, and cut down on the sugar and butter. They came out soft, moist, and almost bread like.

Matt loves them! So mission accomplished. I hope you all enjoy them as much as we are.
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Eggs
1 stick Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
3 ripe Bananas
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla or Almond extract (I used half of each)
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
Take butter and sugar and mix well
Add eggs & bananas slowly on low setting until they are mixed well.

Slowly add flour, salt, & baking soda until they just mix together and then add vanilla or almond, chocolate chips and blend well.

This mix is very moist so you won't be able to roll into balls. Just use a spoon and drop onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet.

Bake cookies for 13 minutes or until they are a light golden brown. Let cool on rack for 20 minutes and then remove from parchment paper.

DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE FROM PAPER BEFORE COOLING.

The cookies are so moist they will more than likely break apart if you do try to remove too soon.

XOXO,
Melody

No comments: